The security of your data and that of others has the highest priority at De Bouwpas. That is why we offer our customers the opportunity to additionally secure their account with two-factor authentication (2FA). This app makes it much more difficult for hackers to break into your Bouwpas account.
At many websites you log in with a username (often your email address) and a password. Unfortunately, it happens that hackers break into websites and then steal usernames and passwords. They misuse this data to log in to other systems, such as De Bouwpas. Depending on your role in the system, we may therefore require you to log in with two-factor authentication. If it is not mandatory, you always have the option to enable it.
Setting up two-factor authentication makes your account forDe Bouwpas much safer. This doesn't only protect your own data, but also that of many others. It is an extra code that allows you to log in next to your username and password. You use a mobile app for this - the Authenticator - that generates this extra code for you, with which you log in with us.
Table of contents
The initial setup
- Instal the Google Authenticator* app
- When using iPhone, open the app store and search for 'Google Authenticator'
- When using Android (Samsung for instance), open the Play Store and search for 'Google Authenticator'
The app is free.
The publisher is 'Google LLC', and the logo looks like this:
- Log in at De Bouwpas on https://portal.bouwpas.nl/ with your username and password.
Is two-factor authentication not mandatory for you? Navigate to My Account in the blue top bar, then choose 'Account Security' in the sidebar. Finally, click on 'Activate two-factor authentication'.
Is two-factor authentication mandatory for you? Then you will immediately get a screen to set it up. It looks like this:
- Start the Google Authenticator app
- Tap on Begin setup
- Tap on Scan Barcode
The camera starts up.
- Scan the code on the website for De Bouwpas with your phone
- The code is now set
Successful! From now on, a six-digit code is always displayed when you start the Authenticator app. It changes every thirty seconds. Every time you log in, De Bouwpas also asks for this code in addition to your username and password.
Good to know about the Authenticator
By setting up two-factor authentication, your account is much more secure. However, there are some things to keep in mind when using two-factor authentication (2FA).
- You cannot set 2FA on a second device afterwards
- You always need to have access to your phone to log in
- If you have a new phone you will have to reset the Authenticator
I have a new phone
You can only use one phone at a time for two-factor authentication. If you lost or reset your old phone, you lost the code that was set. Loggin in is no longer possible. Please contact the Service Desk. Then use the instruction above to reset two-factor authentication.
* You can also use another app like the Microsoft Authenticator. We chose to explain the most popular app in this article.
Article is closed for comments.